Saturday, January 2, 2010

Small things to keep us happy

While talking to my niece today, I realized how small things can make one happy. She said her boss appreciated her speech today saying “It was good”. This small appreciation gave her immense happiness. I am also reminded of occasions when my wife was very happy for small thing like ice-cream treat or holding hands and going for a walk.

Yet for me and many others like me, these things are just ok… These things don’t make me happy I am happy only by a promotion; pay hike, clearing some imp exam, give some imp speech excreta.

I wonder why is this so …Why can’t I be happy and contented with small things like my wife or my niece. I don’t have a definite answer to this but I think I give more importance to external happiness while they give more importance to being happy from with-in.

I hope this realization will help me to search for happiness with-in and I thank my wife and my niece for helping me realize this.

1 comment:

  1. these small doeses of happiness are big motivators and energisers to achieve the bigger goals!!! the catalyst in life :)

    ReplyDelete